Thursday, June 19, 2008

On The Road: Mothershiester heads Northwest sort of

Tonight I am heading to Detroit for the Allied Media Conference. The AMC is celebrating it's 10th year with an exciting theme:

Our Evolution Beyond Survival:

Media Strategies for the Next Ten Years


It should be an exciting weekend full of media making (zines, blogging, etc) and connecting with other media makers that are challenging how we view communication. I'm so excited...Like 'so excited', that I must refer you to this Pointer Sisters song.



So now that I have your toes tapping, please think of me as I make my way north to one of the five places that 5 year-old mothershiester dreams of. Luckily, I am going with a group of folks from the DC chapter of INCITE! Radical Women of Color Against Violence.

Final Note: Despite my excitement, I am sad that I will be leaving a delicious bar-b-que dinner with my boo 4 life, Bent.

1 comment:

gender fatigue said...

mothersheister!
the pork chops, zuccini, chicken, deer steak, sweet potato and peppers of the grill miss you! and wish you great times and adventures in michigan!